Sunday, October 14, 2012

Off The Cuff - Surprise Moneymaker

Since I've got so few readers, I figured I'd be safe in this "big reveal".  Out of everything I've got, the one item pulling in the biggest profit for me is Tinker's Gears.  At the low mat cost of two Ghost Iron Bars, which average about 24g total on my server, I can sell these little beauties for 200g-300g a piece.

I'm imagining it's because of the Ghost Iron Dragonling, an also-easy-to-make 450 iLevel trinket which sells for a song and is popular among fresh 90s looking to bump up their iLevel to get into Heroic dungeons.  It comes with three Gear slots, allowing the wearer to customize it with +600 in three different stats.  Since the Gears are also unique-equipped, anyone using the trinket is forced to buy three different gears to put into it, which makes for a viable market for all of the gears, and not just two or three that carry the most popular stats.

I'm still seeing how much the market can bear in these things, but I can easily say that I'm selling 10-20 of them a day, even without constantly camping for undercutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment