Friday, October 5, 2012

Off the Cuff - Websites I Can't Live Without

Every so often, if I'm working on a rather lengthy post but don't want to leave you guys without something to read, I'll dash something off that I think might be helpful.  Today, it's the top three websites that I always have open.

  • Battle.net - Now that the Remote AH is free, there's next to no reason not to visit this site frequently.  Sometimes I use it extensively for setting up transmog and rare recipe sales, sometimes for using the Neutral AH for swapping things from Alliance to Horde and vice versa, and sometimes just to grab something really quick that I've gotten an alert for.
  • The Undermine Journal - If you've never been here before, you're really missing out.  TUJ keeps track of auction sales both current and past, and can be used to help you decide if buying something is a good investment, should your addon be indicating it might be.  For a small fee, you can even get it to keep track of specific items and e-mail you the results; I use this for a lot of rare recipes, and whenever I get an alert, I hop over to the Remote AH and snatch it up.  Can we say 50g for an item I later sold for 9000g?  Yes we can!  TUJ even comes with a handy round-up of recent gold blog posts on its front page.
  • WoWuction - A new site to my arsenal, but already one I can't live without.  Similar to TUJ in that it keeps track of current and past sales, the feature I use the most is their Bargain Hunter, which can be found under the Reports tab.  Set it to your realm, and you're ready to see a list of items that could potentially be flipped for a goodly amount of gold; this is extremely helpful to catch something you may not have considered for one of TUJ's alerts.
There you go.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment