Friday, October 5, 2012

Radio Silence

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been over a week without a post; this is what happens when I spend time away from a computer that doesn't have WoW installed on it.  I know I promised a detailed description of my big leveling push, but since most of it is old news by now, I'm going to have to renege on that.  Hopefully you can find it in your hearts to forgive me!

That said, let's get an update on what I've been up to.  Along with leveling Knand to 90 and working on various other characters' professions, I went out of town to a Japanese animation convention, which ate up a lot of my free time.  Despite this, not only did I get Knand to 90 first in my guild, but I've also maxed both his Jewelcrafting and Enchanting, and have earned him a respectable iLevel of 461; Looking For Raid level needs to be 463, which I'm confident I can get before that kicks in next Tuesday.  I've also managed to max Mining on the Death Knight and Alchemy on the Priest, and have almost maxed Herbalism and Leatherworking.  The DK has a second round of JC, which has enabled me to double up on my researches, resulting in me having twice as many cuts as I should have, which would be even more impressive had I been able to actually research every day since launch.  As it is, I've gotten two very important things for gold-making: The cut for Brilliant Primordial Ruby, and the Transmute: Primordial Ruby alchemy recipe.

Since I'm no longer needing to pump all my gold into Ghost Iron Ore for prospecting into red rares, I've started focusing on picking up Golden Lotus (for transmutes) and offloading some of the stock I picked up prior to the launch.  I've also (finally) gotten my gathering druid and one of my bank guilds transferred to the new server.  The druid is almost maxed on Herbalism and Mining, and once she is, I can get started on Alchemy: Flask Mastery for the DK, and Inscription for the Priest, instead of their current gathering professions.  Soon I'll transfer over the Tailor, and start maxing that, Blacksmithing and Engineering.

In the next few days, I'll post detailed descriptions on what I'm up to for each profession, as well as how I'm using them to further my secondary goal of hitting the gold cap on my main server.

No comments:

Post a Comment