Monday, September 24, 2012

Almost Time!

So, guys, here we are.  Just over 6 hours to the launch of Mists of Pandaria.  I hope you're ready!

I feel like I am, but I'm also afraid that there's something I'm missing.  My PC is wired and ready to go, save for a few file transfers to make room for my Fraps recordings.  I've got both Fraps and TwitchTV set up, ready to start recording, and my laptop next to my PC so that I can check if anyone's trying to chat on the Twitch page.  Refreshments are set up in order of how I'm expecting to consume them: Water, canned breakfast shakes, diet Code Red, NoS on the beverages side; squeezable apple sauce, liquid whey protein, and various protein bars on the food side.  Keyboard's new, mouse is new, mousepad is new-ish.  Even dusted the desk to give myself a nice, fresh work area.  Vent has a special channel, just for me, that warns folks that they're going to be livestreamed if they enter.

Game-wise, Knand is parked in Molten Front, as has been the plan.  While he has a stack each of raid food and flasks, it's been pointed out to me that the first innkeeper he runs into will have better stat food, so I'll definitely grab a stack of that when I hit him, probably vendoring whatever food he's got left.  Zygor's new MoP guide has been loaded, and I'll make sure to double-check for any updates before I log in at 2AM; there's already been one, so I'm not taking any chances.  My five other addons are up-to-date as well: Postal (for quick and easy mailing), Bagnon (to keep my bags tidy), Lootfilter (instant vendoring of greys!), TradeForwarder (because I don't want to miss what wacky hijinks will be occurring in /2) and Addon Control Panel (turn addons on and off without having to log out).  I have a guildmate who wants to party quest through MoP, which I may do a bit of.  However, since I've got the dailies and Zygor's guide, if he starts to lag behind, I will probably have to continue without him.  Don't mean to sound cold, but I've got a goal to hit!

I'm going to try to get a bit of sleep between now and 2AM.  Feel free to visit the feed at http://www.twitch.tv/shewhogames, or to post encouragement here, on the Facebook page, or in-game.  Good luck to us all, and I'll see you guys on the other side of 90!

No comments:

Post a Comment