Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And The Countdown Begins...

Seven days from now, if all goes as planned, I should have a brand-spankin' new level 90 and a few max-leveled professions under my belt; of course, there's been some rumors that leveling will take a full day of game-play, so this might not be the case.  Chances are good that I might not even be awake at this point, having leveled through the day and night, then promptly passed out.  Only time will tell.

Each day now I'll update you on whatever progress I made the evening before.  Alas, today there's not much to tell.  I finally picked up the protein bars I've been planning on getting for the last couple of weeks, and added a box of breakfast drinks and a bottle of whey protein for good measure.  Don't worry, I fully expect my gopher to bring me real food on occasion, but I want to make sure I have everything I could need, without a lot of excess fat and sugar.

I actually didn't play much last night, as I chose to start catching up on some sleep instead.  The rogue Leatherworker is level 83, nearly 84, and is still sitting at 10-15 skill points for Leatherworking and Skinning before they're maxed.  Knand's bags have been mostly cleared, save all the quest turn-in items, and a few odd gems.  I'll have to remember to add a stack of raid food and flasks, as any edge he can get while leveling will be needed.  I've also gone ahead and done the JC daily, so that brings his quest count up to 24/25.  This morning saw me spending a bit of time to clear out mailboxes of almost-expired mail, as well as throwing a couple of items up on the AH.

The huge to-do item that I still have pending is repairing the PC; I've been procrastinating on this like crazy, due to the fact that it's such a PITA to get it out of its cubby and onto a clear work surface.  Add in the fact that the old power supply is a spaghetti-monster of mammoth proportions, and I'm already gritting my teeth at the idea of extracting it for replacement, even if the replacement is much easier to use.  This is something I have to get done, as the laptop can't handle running WoW, FRAPs, and a livestreaming program at the same time, at least not with decent graphics, acceptable ping, and zero overheating issues.  I'm going to do everything I can to have it done tonight, or at the latest, tomorrow afternoon, so that I can test it out during the final guild raid.  I can't risk waiting until the last minute (Monday) and discovering there's something else wrong when it's too late to do anything about it.

Whenever I get that done, I'll spend a good deal of time on my old realm, cleaning out character bags and loading them into the guild banks, that way I can get everything transferred.  Everything meaning the tailor and the dual-gatherer, plus all the mats I've gathered in the past for leveling Inscription.  Since I'm done with everything here at work, I'm going to go ahead and compile the list of things I'll need for those two professions, since I plan on training them as soon as the transfers go through; I'd have done it earlier, but I'm paranoid about dropping Mining & Herbalism before I actually have the dual gatherer on the server, and being stuck without a way to gather things once MoP hits.

At the time I'm hitting "Publish" on this, there are officially 5 days, 16 hours, 30+ minutes until launch.  Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment