Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ups & Downs

Real life intruded yesterday, keeping me from posting an update (or another installment of Free Fridays, but more on that later).  That aside, I have some actual developments to talk about.

First, the PC is up and running!  The new power supply was installed with minimal difficulty; as I suspected, the toughest part was wrestling it onto a work surface, and than back into its cubby.  I'm in the process of updating WoW, installing Zygor, and making sure all updates and patches for the computer itself are in place.  I've also acquired a 100' Ethernet cord from work to use, as I don't want to trust the PC's wireless card to the beating I'll be inflicting shortly.

As I'd promised myself, once I had the PC running, I began the final steps to transfer the bank guilds, starting with appointing my dual-gathering 84 druid Guild Master of the first.  Imagine my surprise when I went to Battle.net to do the transfer, and was informed that the GM had to have held that position for at least 7 days before they'd be eligible!  I had transferred a guild back in June without receiving a similar notice, despite having done the same GM swap, so to say that this completely blindsided me is an understatement.  Of course, had I prepared the PC when I meant to, two weeks ago, this would have been a non-issue, but thus is life.

This changes things a bit, since I won't bring over the gatherer or the tailor without the guilds; I'm not spending $50 for character transfers and another $70 for guild transfers later, when I can get it all done for the $70.  Due to this, my JC/Miner and my Alch/Herbalist will be remaining as they are, and I'll just have to wait until after MoP to have all 10 professions on one server.  Of course, this also means that I can spend a bit more time on the old server, selling off some things that tend to catch a higher price than my new place does.

So here's where I stand: Knand is out on the Molten Front, bags empty of everything except his quest items, a stack each of raid food and flasks, and his Hearthstone, set to the Valley of Honor where all the dailies are located.  All of his addons have been disabled except for Bagnon, Lootfilter, and Zygor.  Once 3AM EDT swings around and that magic quest pops into his log, Knand will turn in all the MF quests, hearth to Org where he'll turn in the dailies, hop to TB really quick to turn in those dailies, then hop back through the portal to start the MoP questline.  Estimates are that 24 dailies will produce 10-13% of the XP needed for 86, which will put me that much further ahead for only a few minutes worth of work; I'll probably do a dry-run tonight, just to get a general sense of how many minutes it might take.  I wish I didn't have to deal with loading screens (three by my count), as many a greater player than I have experienced problems with those.

Other than Knand's prep, I'm pretty much going to take it easy between now and then.  Maybe finish with my leatherworking rogue, maybe play a few rounds of TF2.  We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment