Saturday, September 8, 2012

I've Got Your Back!

As an update to yesterday's post, here's what I found out in my experiments with the cross-realm function, and a couple of ideas I'm going to try.  I used a character on a PvE server and another on an RP-PvP server for these tests.
  • RaF XP still counts, even if the two characters are on different realms.
  • Whoever is party lead dictates what realm you're in, even if they've logged off.
  • If your party lead is on a PvP realm and you're in a contested/enemy zone, you become flagged. Switching to a lead in a PvE zone unflags you (though you still have the 5min debuff).
  • Quest items appear to be able to be picked up by all members of a party; I didn't do a lot of quests, so I'm not certain if the quests I did always had that feature or not.
  • You can add people not on your RealID list; simply use /invite player-realm to do so.
As you can see, this leaves a lot of possibilities.  I'm planning on running through some old content raids using toons on different servers, to see if BoP/BoE gear can be swapped between them once the roll is over, since I already know that cross-realm trading isn't active. If it isn't too much of a headache to do, I might start checking their TUJ pages to see what server the items sell better on before giving it to respective toons. Or figuring out what realm my tooltip info chooses from when giving me a heads-up as to how much things are worth, if that's even an issue.

I've already heard from one person mention that they were able to take part in multiple Kaluak fishing derbies, thanks to cross-realming, so I'm wondering if farming in multiple realms would work as well.  Start up a raid with multiple level-1s in different realms, then see which one doesn't have anyone else farming that zone.  Or camp a rare spawn point with the same raid.

No comments:

Post a Comment