Sunday, September 2, 2012

Personal Prep Status: GO!

So the other day I posted a list of points to hit in real life while prepping for the big game session on September 25th.  Now, I'll go down said list and share what I've been doing to get ready so far.


  • Specific Goal - Hit 90.  While I'd love to be Realm First 90 Warlock, I won't stop even if someone beats me to it.  90 or bust, baby!
  • Get Rest - Well...  I still have three weeks.  I'll probably spend most of the Monday before sleeping, provided I don't still have other last-minute things to take care of.
  • Responsibilities Handled - I've set up all my bills for autopay, have taken the week of the 25th off work, and am making sure someone feeds my cat.  If something else pops up, I'll take care of it, but for now, that looks like it's all done.
  • Friends & Family Aware - Yep.  Some think I'm crazy, but hey, it's not like I'm planning on going on an all-night club binge or something.
  • Equipment Ready - This one I'm being a little slack on.  Right now I'm doing all my gaming on my laptop, as my PC's power supply died several months ago.  While I've got a new power supply to put in, I've been procrastinating about actually doing it, because the PC itself is a big green monstrosity, and is a pain to move around and get into.  Other than that, I also have a second monitor to add to my system, in order to be able to play and access other programs at the same time.
  • Food & Water - We've got a water filter here, so I'll be filling a couple of bottles the night before and putting them in my mini-fridge.  What's that?  Yeah, I've got a mini-fridge.  Microwave, too, for that matter.  And a personal coffee pot.  Today I picked up a case of Diet Code Red for drinking when I'm tired of water, and an emergency case of NoS, which will only be used if I start to nod off towards the end of the session; not only is too much caffeine dangerous, but it's also a diuretic, which means it makes you have to pee a lot.  I haven't gotten any food yet, but I plan on picking up a box of Cliff bars or something similar.
  • Gaming Area - Again, being a little slack here, because of the aforementioned case issue.  I'm debating on moving the fridge-and-micro closer to the desk, so that I can access them easily.  Sometime this week I'll be clearing out the area and fixing the PC.  Really.
  • Gopher - My youngest sister will be filling in this role; unfortunately, she has class that Tuesday, so she won't be available to me until around 4:30PM, or almost 17 hours after the session starts.  This means I'll be on my own for the majority of it, which makes it even more important to have my play area set up for optimal use.
A point I hadn't mentioned in the previous post was bathroom breaks.  Not to be gross, but optimally, I'll go right before the expansion is released, and limit my liquid and solid intake so as to avoid having to go again for a while.  Worse comes to worse, I'll take advantage of some of WoW's flightpaths, making a quick run down the hall if necessary when I get on one.  Being female, I don't have that "lovely" ability to use at my desk, yanno?

No comments:

Post a Comment